Virtual Wine Classes
I am excited to bring my years of Seasonal Wine Education Class series’ to you… virtually. With the growing importance and need for online and virtual education, I look forward to providing you with wine education in the comfort of your home.
For the wine enthusiast looking to enhance their enjoyment and knowledge in a more concise program, this concept is for you! Every month, I will offer a new themed live virtual wine class every week on Thursday at 7pm. Learn and enjoy each theme and tasting in an interactive environment. My virtual tastings will be viewed on Zoom. The themes will focus on a trend, a specific region, grape varietal or style of wines.
Useful reference notes and maps will be provided for you to follow along in these one-hour sessions designed to take your wine appreciation and knowledge to a new level. For each class, you will receive a list of varietals, regions and price points to focus your wine selections on. To further enhance your experience, we provide the following for each wine class: food pairing suggestions, two featured recipes that are paired with specific wines for each class and a curated cheese plate.
Monthly Virtual Wine Class Schedule
Thursday, December 3 at 7:00-8:15pm EDT via Zoom link
New & Unique Wines for your Holiday Table
As we prepare for a holiday season that will be like no other we have had, making our special wine and food moments with family and friends as memorable as they can be takes on more importance. In the spirit of elevated experiences, I have designed a themed class that will highlight the many unique and special wines that are being produced around the world that are not in the mainstream. These wines are from family owned producers with great expression and balance making them ideal for food pairing and discussion amongst your fellow wine loving friends and family. We will feature four amazing varietals that are among my personal favorites; Gruner Veltliner, Godello, Agiorgitiko and Dolcetto. Get to know how the style of these wines make them perfect for a wide variety of foods and enjoyable to have your guests say, wow, what are we drinking?
Click here for wine selections and food pairing recipes for the December 3 virtual class
Cost for class– $35 – Register Now
Thursday, December 10 at 7:00-8:15pm EDT via Zoom link
Making Sense of Pairing Wine with Cheese and Charcuterie
Wine makes food better and vice versa, right? Of course. So many wine enthusiasts love cheese and charcuterie (dried, cured meats) and enjoy it with regularity. Are we really comfortable with what wines pair best with the various cheese and charcuterie options? In this new themed class, we will feature four wines, white and red, and four cheeses and explore how and why the pair so well together. We will also feature a few different types of charcuterie and cover what flavor attributes they have that bring out the best in the wines. Wine, cheese and charcuterie are ideal for entertaining and sharing with friends and family. At the end of this class, you will have the confidence to prepare dynamic cheese and charcuterie boards and pair it with wines that will elevate your experiences to new heights!
Click here for wine selections and food pairing recipes for the December 10 virtual class
Cost for class– $35 – Register Now
Previous Virtual Wine Class Themes
- The Great Tastes of Spring…Assyrtiko and Gamay
- Exploring Spain…Its Values and Collectables
- Two World Class Regions…One Amazing Varietal
- Explore Sonoma…California’s Most Diverse & Exciting Region
- Spring Wine Enjoyment in One Region….Loire Valley
- Why is Cab King?
- Exploring Tuscany…Italy’s Wine Paradise
- Laurel Glen Vineyards Masterclass with Bettina Sichel- Partner/General Manager
- Experience Chile & Argentina’s New Identity
- Jewels of the Mediterranean: Sicily and Greece
- Super, Summer Wines that Will Surprise!
- Winemaker Masterclass: SAMsARA Winery in Santa Barbara with Winemaker Matt Brady
- Remarkable Riesling…Old World vs New World
- Willamette Valley Masterclass: Drew Voit of Harper Voit
- Explore the World of Sparkling Wine… Anytime!
- Rhone Valley Revival!
- Northern Italy’s Cool Climate Regions are What’s Hot!
- Exploring Napa’s Greatness… More than Just Cabernet
- Masterclass: Coravin Inventor Greg Lambrecht and Booker Wines Winemaker Eric Jensen
- Southern Hemisphere’s Perfect Wine Pairing… New Zealand and South Africa
- Burgundy! The World’s Benchmark for Chardonnay & Pinot Noir
- Rediscover Australia
- Gems from the Iberian Peninsula… Portugal and Spain
- The Best of Bordeaux… Left Bank vs Right Bank
- Alsace… Get to Know your New Favorite Wines!
- Masterclass: Ravines Wine Cellars in The Finger Lakes with Co-Founders Morten and Lisa Hallgren
- Explore Natural, Organic and Biodynamic!
- Exploring Fortified Wine: Port, Madeira and Sherry