The Educated Grape is a dynamic education company devoted to enhancing the wine appreciation of passionate enthusiasts. Through interactive events, both virtual and live, we strive in create educational opportunities to learn, enjoy and increase the confidence of wine and food lovers.
Wine Educator, Sommelier & Corporate Speaker
|“All of us who enjoy wine have a certain interest level…
My aim is to inspire that interest.”
George Staikos, as a 32-year veteran of the hospitality industry, is known for his role as an educator, sharing his passion for wine appreciation and knowledge of the pairing of gourmet cuisine and fine wine as well as the finer points of hospitality service.
- Entrepreneur: Founder of The Educated Grape, an innovative event company devoted to enhancing wine appreciation for individuals, companies and hospitality groups.
- Director of Food and Beverage/Sommelier: His national experience encompasses food and beverage positions from California, Miami, Washington, D.C and New York operating three Five Diamond rated hotels for industry leaders such as Four Seasons Hotels, Hilton and Sheraton.
- Featured Speaker: Speaking events for corporate clients such as Merrill Lynch, GlaxoWellcome, Novartis, Pfizer, Pharmaceutical, AAA, Shering Plough, Salomon Smith Barney, Bristol Myers, Polo Ralph Lauren, Accenture and Make A Wish Foundation.
- Featured Guest: Interviewed for regional television programs offering instruction on specialty cocktails, children’s etiquette and wine appreciation.
- Innovator: He has won acclaim for innovative programs such as “Chef and Sommelier of the Day”, “Sneak Preview Tasting Dinner Series”and wine classes “Exploring Wines… A-Z”. Programs have been featured in magazines such as Cuizine, Drink, New Choices, Restaurants and Institutions and New York Magazine as well as USA Today, The New York Times, The Star Ledger, New Jersey Countryside and New Jersey Monthly magazines.
- Educator: Is a Professor at Fairleigh Dickinson University where he teaches the acclaimed 13 week course Introduction to the Study of Wine and Global Events Etiquette.
The Educated Grape Associates
The Educated Grape employs a team of committed individuals with industry credentials that assist with research, event execution and concept development to enhance the scope of work that we can provide.
Personable…“It’s one thing to have knowledge about wine…George’s warmth and style take that knowledge and makes it interesting and personal. George is a wonderful guide for exploring wine.”— Phil Marzo
PM Design and Marketing
Knowledgeable…— Vikram Sood
“This is the most informative food and beverage training that we have ever received at the hotel…George provides an outstanding foundation for food and wine service…he is a captivating speaker who is truly passionate about the business.”
Director of Operations
L’Auberge Del Mar Resort, Del Mar, California
“What a terrific course. My initial expectations were exceeded by miles. George’s knowledge, personality, and ability to relate to his attendees (which in each class span the spectrum from the na•ve to those who think they are experts) and mold each class almost nightly is truly a credit to his experience and knowledge. My wife’s anniversary gift to me, attending all classes offered by George, has allowed me to improve my knowledge of wines tenfold. Whether it’s reading a label, ordering a wine off of any restaurants’ wine list or pairing wine with food, George’s classes are first rate and second to none.”— Michael Weinstock
Founder & President
Portfolio Placement & Resumes LLC.
“I greatly enjoyed the series, Exploring Wines…A-Z. The classes were relaxed and the material accessible to wine lovers at all levels. George Staikos provides a wealth of information, not only in his class presentation, but in the thorough take home packets provided at each session. I refer to them often both in my personal and business life.”
“I think the best testimonial to what I learned in Exploring Wines…A-Z is an anecdote from my recent trip to the wine country in California. As my tour group visited different wineries, I discovered that I already knew almost everything the winemakers explained to us. I was the only one who was able to answer the tough questions they threw out to the group. By the end of the tour, people were asking me to recommend wines. I was amazed!”— Laura Mastrosimone
Senior Project Manager
Alpha and Omega Worldwide
Wide Ranging…– Tim Kenny
My wife and I try to never miss George’s wine appreciation classes. His classes are a fun, educational, and a delicious night out for wine experts and novices alike! George’s classes are just the right mix of listening, tasting, learning, and socializing. The food and wine pairings are always fantastic. We have brought friends, family, and business associates with us, and have gotten rave reviews. His class on Cabernets was a stand-out favorite. We have discovered great bargains, hidden gems, and new favorites thanks to George!
Wine Class participant from 2010-2014
“Thank you so much for participating in our special event. You met all my expectations and more- we especially appreciated your ability to be flexible yet find a way to still interact with the group during dinner. …even the wine enthusiasts in our group learned a few new facts and their knowledge was stretched! Bravo! We hope there will be another opportunity to work with you.”— Marie Smith
Head, E-Strategy, Integration E Business
Interesting, Informative and Entertaining— George Hemsey
“I found your class very interesting, informative and entertaining. Discovering different wines that I normally would not have tried was very pleasing.